» Progress Report – October 2018
Progress Report – October 2018
- We successfully expanded the Juanita M. Bryant Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) Leadership Training program to include 10 local college and university students for 2018-2019.
- We have expanded our university partnerships to include Bennett College, Duke University, North Carolina State University, and UNC Chapel Hill.
- We secured a partnership with the RTI Global Gender Center, who will provide mentors for our 2018-2019 CSW Scholars.
- We received our consultative status with the United Nations in July 2018.
- We passed a CEDAW Resolution at the city level in Durham on August 6, 2018. We received great media coverage for this achievement by ABC11 and the Herald Sun.
- We have hired our first Executive Director.
- We have secured our first physical office space, located at 1000 Centregreen Way in Cary, NC. We’re located in Suite 200, Room 259.
- We held our annual NC Coalition for CEDAW meeting on August 16, 2018.
- WomenNC joined the ERA NC Alliance on September 2018.