WomenNC’s mission is to lead North Carolina’s young adults in the elimination of injustice against women and girls. Through our signature WomenNC Juanita M. Bryant UN CSW Leadership Training Program, college and university students in the North Carolina Triangle and Triad Regions, are provided training and networking platforms to mobilize and influence their peers and respective communities to understand and value women’s human rights and to engage in issues important to equality for women and girls.
Read more here: About WomenNC.
This growing network of new leaders has resulted in communities throughout the Regions becoming more aware that “women around the globe face varying degrees of the same problems: poverty, violence, illiteracy, and oppression”.
WomenNC CSW Scholars (*U.N.Commission on the Status of Women) develop competencies and define their roles in eliminating injustices against women and girls by:
- Participating in evidence-based leadership and advocacy training and mentoring from social justice pioneers and academic advisors
- Conducting research on United Nations CSW Priority Themes and proposing solutions tied to local and global women’s issues
- Representing North Carolina and presenting their research at the United Nations’ annual five-day CSW Convention in NYC
- Facilitating and/or presenting advocacy training at local, state, and national forums
Since its inception in 2009, WomenNC has trained 44 CSW Scholars who continue to expand women’s rights advocacy networks in North Carolina, the United States, and globally; serving as a voice for their generation about WomenNC, and to promote best practice solutions and collaboration.
Our organization also serves the North Carolina Triangle and Triad Regions through:
- Leadership development training for board of directors, volunteers, college and high school youth
- Advocacy for public policy change
- Convening agencies and corporations to identify and develop positive policy and systems change
WomenNC’s work is changing individuals and communities; annually we educate and initiate dialogue with diverse audiences of more than 8,000.
 White, Julia, Local Women Find Global Bond at U.N. Conference, Herald-Sun, Sept. 1995
- Message from the President
- WomenNC Organizational Chart – Board of Directors, Standing Committees & Advisory Board
- WomenNC Summary & 2015 U.N. CSW Fellowship Brochure
- WomenNC Summary & 2014 U.N. CSW Fellowship Brochure
- WomenNC Summary & 2013 U.N. CSW Fellowship Brochure
- WomenNC Summary & 2012 U.N. CSW Fellowship Brochure
- WomenNC Fellowship Alumni_Status Report 2010 to 2014
- WomenNC 2012-14 Summary Community Impact Report
- WomenNC 2012-2013 Chronological Community Events & Student Fellowship
- WomenNC 2011-2012 Chronological Community Events & Student Fellowship
- Report from CSW 2012
- Highlights of WomenNC’s Successful Trip to United Nation’s CSW 2011
- Annual Report from 2010
- WomenNC Newsletter September 2012
- WomenNC Newsletter September 2011
- WomenNC Newsletter July 2011