Join WomenNC Leadership and/or Committee Teams
WomenNC is preparing to kick-off our seventh year, as an evolving non-profit,dedicated to leading young adults to eliminate injustices against women and girls, through leadership training and advocacy programs.
We’re seeking dynamic candidates to join WomenNC’s leadership and committee teams to help us continue our momentum and expand our good works.
Listed below are WomenNC’s 2015-17 board positions and committee volunteer opportunities. For your perusal, please find our current organizational chart and a summary of WomenNC Board of Directors’ Job Descriptions (May 2014).
If one or more of these positions interest you, please contact WomenNC’s Nominating Committee by Wednesday, May 13th at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-744-4778. We request that board candidates provide us with a current resume. The committee will contact you to discuss how your interests and background best match our organization’s needs.
WomenNC Board of Director Openings
- Vice President
- Assistant Treasurer
- Advocacy and Outreach – Co-Chair
- Leadership Development (CSW Fellowship) – Co-Chair
- Fund Development – Co-Chair
- Public Relations – Co-Chair
- Events – Co-Chair
Committee Teams (# of committee members needed & sample skill sets)
- Advocacy & Outreach – 4+ members (Cities for CEDAW project, liaison at advocacy events, bring awareness to public and legislators on women’s human rights issues)
- CSW Fellowship/Leadership Training – 6 members (Fellowship Mentors, Workshops)
- Fund Development – 4+ members (grant writing/assessment, fund raising experience, creative idea persons, experience with fund raising software i.e., Giftworks)
- Public Relations – 4+ members (creative writers, collateral development, public speaking, media relations (print, TV, radio, social media))
- PR Media Coordinator – 1-2 persons (website updates, listserv maintenance, eBlasts, social media)
- Graphic Designer – (Fliers, Brochures, Signs, Business Cards, Video & Web Graphics; access to Adobe Creative Suite)
- Events – 4+ members (assist co-chairs with Fall event, February Dinner Forum, Spring Symposium, Receptions)
Feel free to pass this email to others or contact us with a recommendation of someone you feel is qualified and would be interested in one of the positions listed.
WomenNC welcomes fresh ideas and the diversity of personal experience. Our volunteers are the lifeblood of the organization! Join Us!
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you by May 13, 2015.