Presented by Equity Before Birth, MAAME, Inc. (Mobilizing African American Mothers through Empowerment), Durham Mayor’s Council for Women, and Durham County’s Women Commission.
Virtual Forum | Saturday, April 10 at 1 pm
This program will feature a keynote speaker, an engaging panel featuring Black women and their lived experiences, and words from community members who have committed their lives and careers to this important work.
Love Black Women. Protect Black Women. Support Black Women.
- Rep. Lauren Underwood – co-sponsor of the Momnibus
Lived Experience Panel:
- Whitney Robinson, Founder of The Renee
- Sydney Taylor, Founder & CEO of Info Data Index
- Brianna Kennedy, Founder of Black Women of Durham
- Maya Jackson (doula), Founder & ED of MAAME, Inc.
- Dr. Maria Smalls (ob), Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialist, Duke Health
- Tina Braimah (midwife), Founder of Sankofa Birth & Women’s Care