Dr. Maria Murray Riemann Leaving Role as Executive Director: A Huge Thank You for Her Service!
After four years of commitment to WomenNC’s mission and vision, it is with both a profound sense of sadness and gratitude that we announce Maria Murray Riemann has departed from her role as Executive Director of WomenNC. Maria has been the driving force behind much of WomenNC’s recent growth and success as an organization. A brief sample of her many accomplishments as executive director include:
- Obtaining grant funds to significantly improve the breadth and depth of WomenNC’s communications, including especially, our social media presence;
- Solidifying and deepening the collaborative relationship between WomenNC and RTI; International's Global Gender Center that includes “femtoring” our scholars;
- Expanding WomenNC’s community impact with its series of Lunch ‘n’ Learn “Critical Conversations” events;
- Revising the scholars’ program to include updated curricula and increased collaborations with advocacy partners to actually improve the lives of women and girls throughout the state.
- Re-branding WomenNC with a new logo and redesigned website;
The staff, board, scholars, alumni, and nonprofit partners will miss Maria’s vision, passion, and leadership. We wish her the best of luck in her next chapter.
Over the next several months, the Board will conduct a search to find WomenNC’s next Executive Director. It is our priority to find a dynamic leader with a true passion for WomenNC’s mission: To empower the next generation to advance gender equality in North Carolina. We will share the job announcement soon and ask for your help in identifying candidates committed to our vision of creating a world free of gender discrimination.