WomenNC is excited to announce that we are looking for an Executive Director who is passionate about leading the change for gender equality in North Carolina.We are hiring immediately and offer a flexible work schedule and remote working environment.
Hours: 40 hours/week
Pay: $50,000 - $60,000 annual
Work Location: Remote in the Triangle Region
Applications Due by November 23rd
The Executive Director(ED) is responsible for the daily operation of the WomenNC non- profit 501(c)(3) organization as well as oversight for WomenNC staff and scholars. The ED drives the vision and innovative strategic thinking of the organization, including the programming, fundraising and Board activities. This person works with the financials to ensure compliance with accounting procedures while maintaining the financial system for accurate reporting and organizational health.
The ED is responsible for directing fundraising activities, program implementation, and overall strategic planning objective and goals. The person selected for this position will be closely involved in WomenNC‘s Scholars Program and have close interaction with our university leaders and students. The ED reports to the Board of Directors and must be able to work independently, build collaboration within a team, be flexible and understanding of differing points of view and opinions, work toward consensus, and be able to listen well and respond thoughtfully.
Prior non-profit and management experience are essential. Good written and verbal communication skills are required. Fundraising and grant writing experience, relationship building with universities and/or regional stakeholder are integral to the role.
If you are interested in applying for this position or know someone that would be a great asset to our organization, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Executive Director is the key management leader of WomenNC.The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key responsibilities include fundraising, marketing support, and community outreach to university and regional stakeholders. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
· Responsible for the fiscal integrity of WomenNC, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
· Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
· Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support WomenNC’s mission.
2) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
· Responsible for implementation of WomenNC’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
· Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that WomenNC can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
· Responsible for the enhancement of WomenNC’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
3) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
· Responsible for effective administration of WomenNC operations.
· Responsible for effective communications and collaborations with all university and community stakeholders
· Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
· Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
4) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
· Responsible for leading WomenNC in a manner that supports and guides the
organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
· Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
· A bachelor’s degree,or relevant nonprofit management experience
· Transparent and high integrity leadership
· Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation,analysis, decision-making and reporting
· Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
· Knowledge and proven track record of successful fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector
· Ability to research, complete and submit grant applications
· Skills to collaborate effectively with staff,board members and other volunteers
· Ability to work independently with strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
· Understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion practices
Nice to have:
· Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
· Strong public speaking ability
· Strong ties to North Carolina and the Triangle Region with an understandingand knowledge of university and regional compositions.
Actual Job Responsibilities:
1. Planning and operation of annual budget.
2. Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
3. Serving as WomenNC’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s
constituents, the media and the general public.
4. Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and universitiesthroughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance WomenNC’s Mission.
5. Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increasethe overall visibility of theFoundation throughout the State.
6. Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
7. Strategic planning and implementation of fundraising, scholar’s
development, and outreach efforts.
8. Support organization Board and committee meetings.
9. Guild marketing and other communications efforts.
10. Review and approve contracts for services.
11. Ability to convey the vision of WomenNC’s strategic future to staff,board,
volunteers, and donors
12. Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
If you are interested in applying for this position or know someone that would be a great asset to ourorganization, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.